In this best brad nailer review we’re going to go through the best brad nailer reviews that we have done here at Top Nailer Reviews. Summarize them (see the table below) and then to come up with an overall winner. The detailed ‘winner’ methodology follows on after the table summary. You probably know this already but all brads are 18 gauge, so in effect this is a review to find the best 18 gauge brad nailer.
Best BradNailer – Comparison Table
|Nailer Model||Type||Nail Size||Nail Capacity||Dimentions (inches)||Weight||Warranty||Notes||Best|
|Arrow EBN320RED||Electric Cable||Upto 2 inch||200||4.2 x 15.3 x 16.7||8.75 lbs||1 year||Has LED guiding light||3rd|
|Dewalt DC608B||Battery||5/8 to 2 inch||110||11 x 12-1/2 x 3-1/2||7.4 lbs||3 years||Battery & Charger NOT Inc.|
|Dewalt DC608K Kit||Battery||5/8 to 2 inch||110||11 x 12-1/2 x 3-1/2||7.4 lbs||3 years||Battery & Charger IS Inc.||1st|
|Senco FinishPro 2N1||Air||5/8 - 1 1/4 inch and 1/2 - 1 inch Staples||110||14.5 x 13.1 x 4.3||2.75 lbs||1 year||Compressor not inc. Will take brads or staples|
|Senco PC0947||Air||5/8 to 2 inch||....||9.1 x 10 x 4.1||2.9 lbs||1 year||Includes the compressor||2nd|
The Best of the Best Brad Nailers
First off all five of these brads are good products, you won’t go far wrong with any of them. So how to make a decision as to the best of the best? Here is our approach:
- Suitability for the job – nail length, work area (confined / open), illumination.
- Convenience of use – weight, size, comes with / without a cable (without is usually superior)
- Warranty – the longer the better
- Extras – ‘useful’ features that other brads don’t have
What’s nice about this collection of top 5 best brad nailers is that we’ve got a range of three different types – electric, battery and air (compressor). So if you have a preference then your choice is more readily reduced.
You can see at a glance that the Dewalt DC608K stands out as a great leader! And is our best choice brad nailer. Here’s why:
- Battery operated so does not have a cumbersome cable that comes either with a electric powered brad or a compressor type.
- Battery & charger IS included.
- Accommodates a good range of Brad nail lengths – from 5/8 inch – 2 inch.
- Takes a useful payload of 110 nails at a go.
- Size compares with all the rest.
- A good 3 years warranty.
- The only downside to the DC608K is that weighs in at just over 7 lbs, partly due to the fact that it contains the battery of course, but also that it’s a rugged professional power tool that’s been built to last – so the 3 years warranty is nice to have, but you’re probably not going to need it!
If the weight of the 608K is putting you off and you don’t mind compressor powered tools then the SencoPC0947 is the way to go. It’s a lightweight piece of kit (just 2.9 lbs) so you’ll be able to use if for hours at a go without wearing yourself out. It has all the benefits of the 608K except that you’ll be trailing the compressor cord behind you. It comes included with a compressor and a one year warranty.
But you Already Have A Compressor?
If you already have a suitable compressor (e.g. from another air powered power tool) and you like that form of power then you might want to get the Senco FinishPro 2N1. And the FinishPro 2N1 will handle staples as well.
A Note About Pricing vs Product Quality
And just to put price and quality in perspective, all of the nailers that have made it to Top Nailer Reviews are 4 or 5 star products – they are all good! And price-wise are usually in the $100 – $350(ish) range. At much less than $100 it’s unlikely that you’ll get a quality nail gun that’ll run the course. And for a quality lasting product the price range under consideration is not unreasonable.
Brad Nailers Reviews
Here are all the brad nailer reviews if you want to visit them separately:
- Arrow EBN320RED Review
- Dewalt DC608B Review
- Dewalt DC608K Kit Review
- Senco FinishPro 2N1 Review
- Senco PC0947 Review
Other Best Nailer Comparisons
- Best brad Nailer
- Best finish nailer
- Best flooring nailer
- Best framing nailer
- Best palm nailer
- Best pin nailer
- Best roofing nailer